1. It is totally controllable via the accelerator, and does not come on unless you call it, and cuts off once you lift your foot off the accelerator.
2. Due to our airtight installation, your engine's manifold becomes sealed, giving the deepest vacuum possible. This aids your brake vacuum pump action, as your brake pump is powered by the vacuum suction of the engine. We also remove other accesories that promote added air flow but spoil the engine vacuum.
3. Improved low rpm power results in your vehicle being able to dart from rest, enabling you to clear junctions safely, particularly when traffic is flowing past at a high speed, or if there is a blind spot. This is very obviously felt in automatic vehicles, where the Surbo removes all gearbox slip when moving off from idle, giving you an instant response.
4. Due to its added mid range power, the Surbo enables drivers to overtake easily, and that may be safer compared to following vehicles closely (in order not to be tailgated especially on highways), or staying behind a tall vehicle such as an MPV, which obscures the brake lights of the vehicle in front of it. To avoid getting into a chain collision, use the Surbo's power to get away through gaps in the traffic. The Surbo also enables automatic gearboxes to kick down easily with a light tap of the foot, so that the correct gear is quickly selected before an overtaking manoeuvre. In extreme situations requiring maximum acceleration, even in D mode, automatic gearboxes can kick down to 2nd gear from a cruising speed of 80 km/h in 4th gear by tapping the accelerator twice.
5. Surbo may increase the safety of turbocharged vehicles because according to a Surbo user, whose 2012 Mercedes C250 CGi is fitted with Surbo, it was simpler for him to feel when the turbo was coming on, so that he could time his overtaking moves more easily. Previously without Surbo, if he pressed the accelerator the turbo would take some time to come on, and when it did, there would be a sudden increase in power, so he had to keep a longer distance from the car in front, which would make overtaking more complicated.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 130 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 211 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 224 kph.