1. With a Surbo, there will be more torque. This means the accelerator won't need to be pressed as much as before, so fuel input is less, over-fueling is prevented, and less harmful carbon deposits can accumulate in the engine. Such deposits often form on the valves and glow red hot, causing the petrol to pre-ignite, resulting in harmful detonation.
2. For petrol engines: the Surbo-assisted engine can run on lower compression (a smaller throttle opening results in a lower absolute manifold pressure, as shown on any boost or vacuum meter). For example, the Surbo sends the engine to its rpm red line with just 1/2 throttle instead of full throttle, meaning the same engine speed is achieved with lower absolute compression, so the compression forces in the cylinders are less and they will last longer. At high rpm, due to this lower compression, the Surbo helps the engine avoid knocking, as shown in the graph below.
Compression graph of a conventional petrol engine versus one with Surbo
For diesel engines, which have no throttle and which thrive on higher compression for better ignition, the Surbo helps deliver higher net compression, and at just half accelerator pressure required to achieve the rpm limit, the diesel injected is also half, so combustion heat is lowered. For modern diesel vehicles with particulate filters, the filters will not clog up so soon, since less fuel injected means less soot produced.
3. With less fuel being put in due to a smaller throttle opening, engine knock tendency is reduced, and tolerance of lower octanes is increased.
4. Gearbox controls in Surbo-equipped automatic vehicles will be preserved, since Surbo activation and gearchanges can be effected via throttle control only, without needing to shift the gear lever to L or sport, for a lower gear.
5. A higher gear/ lower rpm can be used for the same speed, leading to less cylinder wear and tear.
6. Our airtight installation of the Surbo means that vacuum leaks will be eliminated, meaning no dirt can get into the engine, so avoiding wear and tear in the cylinder due to friction from grime. We rectify vacuum leaks due to normal wear and tear, or careless servicing by mechanics, or after air vacuum tube or air filter pipe modifications by third parties.
7. The higher torque with the Surbo means that clutching time will be cut down, whether your vehicle is manual or automatic, so reducing clutch wear.
If you own a turbocharged car, you might find this interesting:
How Surbo helps turbocharged engines last longer by requiring less turbocharger pressure
Analysis of Surbo system shows how engine stress is redistributed and lessened when a Surbo is used.
How Surbo helps reduce engine knocking
Watch the video above showing how an engine revs with Surbo. Or watch it in conjunction with the How it works page.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 130 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 211 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 224 kph.
More torque and horsepower (dyno test)
Light accelerator feel
10% fuel saving
Easy revving (1/2 throttle to RPM limit)
Instant auto gear kickdown
More power uphill
Higher top speed
How Surbo feels (by car type)
Compatible new cars
Vehicle inspection compliance
How Surbo works
Surbo5 for large engines
Reduced turbo lag
Surbo vs other accessories
How Surbo can be used
Surbo for optimal air compression
Surbo for less engine knock (allows lower octanes)
How Surbo reduces engine stress
Surbo reduces diesel smoke
Surbo reduces CO2 emissions
How Surbo can be designed into new vehicles
Surbo wins race in India
2nd place in Singapore race
During the installation
Reusability (fits most cars)
Check here for days closed
CHAT ON HANDPHONE
Antigua & Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
French Southern & Antarctic Lands
Heard Island & McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent's & Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
US Virgin Islands
Wallis & Futuna
Note: the Surbo is not a moving fan. Beware of other sellers who use our trademark Surbo to sell their products.