1. With a Surbo, there will be more torque. This means the accelerator won't need to be pressed as much as before, so fuel input is less, over-fueling is prevented, and less harmful carbon deposits can accumulate in the engine. Such deposits often form on the valves and glow red hot, causing the petrol to pre-ignite, resulting in harmful detonation.
2. For petrol engines: the Surbo-assisted engine can run on lower compression (a smaller throttle opening results in a lower absolute manifold pressure, as shown on any boost or vacuum meter). For example, the Surbo sends the engine to its rpm red line with just 1/2 throttle instead of full throttle, meaning the same engine speed is achieved with lower absolute compression, so the compression forces in the cylinders are less and they will last longer. At high rpm, due to this lower compression, the Surbo helps the engine avoid knocking, as shown in the graph below.
Compression graph of a conventional petrol engine versus one with Surbo
For diesel engines, which have no throttle and which thrive on higher compression for better ignition, the Surbo helps deliver higher net compression, and at just half accelerator pressure required to achieve the rpm limit, the diesel injected is also half, so combustion heat is lowered. For modern diesel vehicles with particulate filters, the filters will not clog up so soon, since less fuel injected means less soot produced.
3. With less fuel being put in due to a smaller throttle opening, engine knock tendency is reduced, and tolerance of lower octanes is increased.
4. Gearbox controls in Surbo-equipped automatic vehicles will be preserved, since Surbo activation and gearchanges can be effected via throttle control only, without needing to shift the gear lever to L or sport, for a lower gear.
5. A higher gear/ lower rpm can be used for the same speed, leading to less cylinder wear and tear.
6. Our airtight installation of the Surbo means that vacuum leaks will be eliminated, meaning no dirt can get into the engine, so avoiding wear and tear in the cylinder due to friction from grime. We rectify vacuum leaks due to normal wear and tear, or careless servicing by mechanics, or after air vacuum tube or air filter pipe modifications by third parties.
7. The higher torque with the Surbo means that clutching time will be cut down, whether your vehicle is manual or automatic, so reducing clutch wear.
If you own a turbocharged car, you might find this interesting:
How Surbo helps turbocharged engines last longer by requiring less turbocharger pressure
Analysis of Surbo system shows how engine stress is redistributed and lessened when a Surbo is used.
How Surbo helps reduce engine knocking
Watch the video above showing how an engine revs with Surbo. Or watch it in conjunction with the How it works page.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 130 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 211 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 224 kph.
Higher top speed (easy cruising)
10% fuel saving
Max RPM with 1/2 throttle!
Instant auto kickdown
Reduced turbo lag
More power uphill
Less diesel smoke
Reduced CO2 emissions
Reusability (fits most cars)
Reduced overall expenses
Manual (by brand)
Automatic (by brand)
Big engines (Surbo5)
Compatible new cars
How Surbo feels (by car type)
How it works
Surbo vs other accessories
How Surbo can be used
Increased engine efficiency
Less knock (allows lower octane)
How Surbo reduces engine stress
Vehicle inspection compliance
Racing (runner up)
Surbo wins race
On-site service in Singapore
During the installation
Check here for days closed
CALL TO CHAT