1. The Surbo gives more torque over a wide rpm band. The engine with Surbo on can accelerate briskly to red line or beyond, all on half throttle or less. That means easier pickup, and fuel savings because you will press less on average. With Surbo, although you will rev higher, accelerator pressure required is less, and as you are faster you will cruise sooner, so you will save fuel (fuel injected at any moment is proportional to accelerator travel, apart from rpm).
2. The Surbo delivers higher power (which is proportional to rpm multiplied by torque at that rpm). If your car starts slowing down by 4000 rpm, it's time to restore the power. The Surbo takes your engine back to red line (rpm limit) easily and puts back some 50% of existing acceleration power based on rpm, assuming a red line of 6000 rpm. Or, instead of travelling 40 metres, you travel 60 metres in the same time. Up the gears you will pull even further away from other cars as they start to slow by 3rd gear. This is because these drivers have to press the accelerator more for higher gears, and encounter over-fueling and knocking. The Surbo, with its own vortex suction power, helps the manifold vacuum to pull the air in, so extending power.
3. The Surbo is good for slopes. Just going up the incline, activate the Surbo
for extra air compression to charge up the hill. This makes the Surbo useful for long hills like those at Seremban Heights. The wide-band torque of the Surbo helps the driver maintain a low rpm in a higher gear for longer, or he can shift down to use the high rpm power of the Surbo. The Surbo's extra suction power is useful for mountains like the Genting Highlands, where air density and oxygen content drops with altitude. For every 100 metres climbed, engine power falls by 1 percent. Extra cold air is also great for reducing engine temperature for such a challenging climb.
Testimonial regarding Surbo's hill climbing assistance..
More details on how the Surbo improves hill climbing.
4. The Surbo assists the engine to overcome loads like passengers, luggage, or the airconditioner. The low rpm power of the Surbo helps, as that is where most weak vehicles are stuck in while trying to accelerate. Once the Surbo takes care of the load, it can just power away up the revs, allowing gearchanges upwards and gaining speed, till the load is less of a problem. Even for the aircon, it can get colder, according to this testimonial from a Peugeot 206 owner. The reason is that the engine with Surbo can rev higher, so turning the aircon compressor at a faster rate.
5. The Surbo gives you confidence to overtake quickly. Especially long vehicles which have blind spots, or a whole convoy of vehicles unable to get past them. In the back roads of Malaysia, driver judgement and a capable engine are crucial for getting ahead of the pack.
Just accelerate and hold the accelerator briefly to back pressure the Surbo for its vortex, and when the accelerator vibrates indicating increased air pressure, start accelerating with half throttle to high rpm, and repeat in the next gear if necessary. Don't forget that you can use the remaining half throttle in an emergency, by flooring the accelerator.
7. The Surbo gives you freedom to speed without using more fuel. Where legal, you can be cruising at
150kph with about half throttle, or achieve your vehicle's rated top speed with less than full throttle, or simply set a personal speed record by pressing a little bit more. Our customer feedback shows
that the speed for maximum economy gets stretched from the usual 90 kph to 110 or
120 kph, despite wind resistance increasing with speed. For example, a Surbo Civic ESi cannot better 12 km/l in Singapore but will do 17 km/l at 110 kph on the Malaysian North-South Highway. Its engine rpm at that speed was near to the Surbo's torque peak rpm, at around 3300 rpm. If your gearbox is a CVT, the fuel economy will be spectacular at speed, as we had a result of 25 km/l from a Surbo-equipped 2014 Honda City owner.
The increase in the top speed will be especially noticeable if your car has accumulated a lot of mileage (which causes the air flow to be less due to carbon or worn valve cams), and needed a lot of accelerator pressure to run fast. The lighter throttle also reduces fatigue. Your own body will feel the tickling of Surbo-induced acceleration, and your passengers too will get a gentle back massage througout the drive. Surbo is lots of fun. Get yours today!
10% fuel saving with mixed driving and more on highways
Faster acceleration, especially from standstill for automatic cars
Higher top speed, which means easier cruising
Higher RPM capability, rev limit possible with just 1/2 throttle!
Instant automatic gear kickdown
Safer, more confident overtaking
Better hill climbing power
Less diesel smoke, even with more speed
Reduced CO2 emissions from vehicles
Money saved, more than from fuel savings
Transferability. Use your Surbo on your next car
Lifetime warranty on both the Surbo and installation
How Surbo works
What is Surbo?
The Twin Surbo, 2 Surbos in series for even more low rpm torque
Surbo versus other engine accessories and parts
When the Surbo is most useful
Dynamometer Test Results
How Surbo increases engine compression at low rpm and prevents excessive compression at high rpm
How Surbo increases engine efficiency
How Surbo prevents harmful engine knocking
How Surbo may help your engine so it can last longer
FAQ: Frequently asked questions
How Surbo works for diesel engines
How Surbo's increased air density enhances diesel technology, and raises peak RPM
Diagram: Surbo's effect on the whole vehicle
Diagram: Surbo on petrol turbocharged engines
Diagram: Surbo on diesel engines
Diagram: Surbo on turbo diesel engines
Some vehicles recommended for Surbo
Automatic cars fitted with Surbo
Manual cars fitted with Surbo
Surbo5 for larger engines
Petrol turbo cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol CVT cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol hybrid cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol supercharged cars fitted with Surbo
Natural gas car fitted with Surbo
Diesel and turbodiesel vehicles fitted with Surbo
Motorcycles fitted with Surbo
Photos of Surbos installed in various cars
Why choose Surbo?
Surbo will pass vehicle inspections due to lower emissions
30 day money back guarantee
What happens during the Surbo installation
List of Surbo dealers by country
Buy Surbo online with installation guide, if there's no dealer near you
Join us as dealer for your area
Surbo on racing gokart
Surbo on Honda Civic (runner up in Singapore race)
Surbo wins India race
History of the Surbo company
How the Surbo came to be
Aftersales service and advice, on accessories or compatible vehicles
User guide for Surbo
Automotive engineering and other applications of Surbo