We at Surbo Engineering design and manufacture the Surbo and provide installation. The Surbo has pleased many users since its launch in Aug 1998, and to date, over 50000 have been sold. Sales often come through satisfied customers' recommendations. We retail direct in Singapore for the highest standards and to keep pace with changing car design and modifications.
2. Called Surbo (air-suction turbo), it was tested for 3 years on various cars.
3. Design legally documented in UK in early 1998 and Surbo trademark registered.
4. Surbo Engineering set up in Aug 1998 as a sole proprietorship in Singapore.
5. www.surbo.net started in 1999.
6. Manufacturing quality improved with anodized colour coating, giving lasting, washable finishes (ISO 9001 vendor).
7. Surbo gets major break into the internet due to forum exposure in Malaysia.
8. Surbos get exported to Malaysia in 2000, with ads in major Malay newspapers.
9. Surbo gets customers' confirmations on small petrol turbo cars, and diesels.
10. Surbo was fitted on and saved fuel for a fishing boat and a scooter. It also enabled a 250cc Kawasaki motorcycle to reach 16000 rpm. Separately, a customer planted his Surbo on a 1983 Vespa scooter, and the top speed increased by 20 kph.
11. Surbo customer driving a 1993 Honda Civic 1.6 VTi reported reaching 100 kph in first gear with less than full throttle, versus the original 80 kph.
12. Twin Surbo system developed for increased low rpm torque, ideal for diesel engines with narrower rpm ranges.
13. Advertisement campaign in the UK Car magazine (international edition) to make Surbo a more recognized brand.
14. Participation in racing, with 4 awards in 2 outings in Singapore and India.
15. Dynamometer test results in Nov 2002 to show improvements of the Surbo and Twin Surbo over the standard car, and their mutual comparison.
16. Quality factory-stamped and brand-marked metal, moulded rubber adapters from SIRIM-certified vendor.
17. Emission testing at an inspection centre in Singapore in Feb 2004 showed that the Surbo reduced CO2 by 40%, thus helping to cut global warming. This supported an earlier report from a racetrack in Sepang Malaysia that a Surbo-equipped Proton Satria GTi 1.8 without its catalytic converter, had CO2 levels comparable to the car when new. More info here.
18. Surbo was fitted on a racing go-kart that gave more power in a straight line. More info here.
19. Testing on the most powerful normally-aspirated (non-turbo) Honda Type R cars resulted in a record 120 kph in first gear for a Surbo-equipped Euro R Accord. Its second gear hit 180 kph, 3rd 210 kph, and 6th 233 kph (shown on the car's RSM meter) before full throttle.
20. The highest top speed ever reported was from a Toyota Corona 1.6 owner, who used the Surbo and also changed the camshaft to a racing one, and he recorded 245 kph at the Pasir Gudang circuit in Malaysia. This was in line with various customers reporting top speeds of 220 kph by using the Surbo on their highly-geared 1.6 litre sedans, which normally had top speeds around 190 kph. Click here for higher speeds recorded
21. At end of 2012, Surbo was fitted on a 2.7 litre turbocharged diesel tractor, increasing its torque.
22. By Feb 2013, a dealer driving a Proton Gen 2 1.6 with the Surbo reported that its first gear could reach 90 kph (versus about 55 at the original cutoff) with no modification, meaning that the Surbo had raised its rpm limit possibly by never needing full throttle till the end.
23. By June 2013, a larger, 5 pin Surbo design called Surbo5 and based on the original Surbo was made. Customers in Sabah Malaysia have reacted positively to the enhanced torque, which most notably empowered an automatic Honda Accord to overcome the resistance of its oversized 19 inch rims.
24. Based on the findings, yet larger Surbos are being planned for even bigger engines found in buses and trucks. This is in line with our observation that the Surbo is a natural partner for turbochargers, as the Surbo reduces the turbo's lag time, and produces unusually high torque.
25. By Aug 2013, it was discovered a Surbo-powered Honda Civic Type R could reach its rpm red line by using just the first of its VTEC stages, instead of all 3 originally, meaning that the Surbo effect was worth 2 VTEC stages.
26. Internals of Surbo smoothened to lessen drag and improve jet speed. The result was higher revving for automatics.
27. On Jan 8 2016, parallel Surbos were fitted on a Mercedes S Class 350L. This had a V6 engine, but had two air filters feeding each bank of 3 cylinders. One Surbo was fitted to each side, meaning each Surbo was feeding a 1749 cc engine. First impressions were good, and testing continues. This may mean that the Surbo is ready for sports cars with similar v engines. This was also done a 1991 BMW 850i.
28. On 1 July 2016, Surbo Engineering started installation of the Surbo at Vicom Bukit Batok. This in conjunction with us placing an ad at this vehicle inspection centre.
29. By Sep 2017, the twin version of Surbo5 was installed and running on our test car.
Thanks to all for their support. We will keep innovating for your benefit.
Our email is email@example.com