How to drive slowly yet have fun
You may like to drive gently, so will the Surbo still benefit you? The answer is yes, because at low rpm the original engine has yet to develop its full torque, but the Surbo adds more torque from very low rpm!
1. The first thing you'll notice after the Surbo is fitted is that the accelerator becomes light in feel. You are actually pressing less on it for the same speed! That leads to more comfort for your foot. If your vehicle is automatic, you'll find that the delay from standstill is eradicated, and replaced by instant response the moment you press the accelerator. The reason is that with more torque at very low rpm, the gearbox can clutch fully, rather that having to allow slip.
2. You'll see quicker gear changes. If your vehicle is manual, when you ease off the accelerator a bit to press the clutch, the engine rpm is held up by the Surbo's air pressure, as though you were stepping on the accelerator or doing a heel and toe manuouvre, so the gear is engaged more quickly. In fact, you will find that your right foot stays nearly at the same position during the gearchange. If your vehicle is automatic, you will also be able to control gearchanges up or down using just the right foot, with just a slight movement on the accelerator. With foot off the accelerator and in gear, the car also rolls further, due to the Surbo charging air when the throttle is relatively closed
3. As there is more engine torque, you will be able to stay in a high gear without changing down as often as before.
4. Up slopes, the vehicle holds its speed better, and for automatics, instead of sliding backwards at a standstill, the vehicle can now hold still or even move forward without accelerator pressure.
5. You won't need to stop as often as before for fuel because the Surbo helps save fuel, especially since you drive in an unhurried way.
6. Refinement improves and there is generally less engine noise. The reason is that the accelerator is pressed less using Surbo.
Therefore, even leisurely drivers can enjoy the Surbo as much as fast drivers. Come try the Surbo today!
- Actual Fuel Savings Using Surbo
How Surbo transforms your car:
10% fuel saving with mixed driving and more on highways
Faster acceleration, especially from standstill for automatic cars
Higher top speed, which means easier cruising
Higher RPM capability, rev limit possible with just 1/2 throttle!
Instant automatic gear kickdown
Safer, more confident overtaking
Better hill climbing power
Less diesel smoke, even with more speed
Reduced CO2 emissions from vehicles
Money saved, more than from fuel savings
Transferability. Use your Surbo on your next car
Lifetime warranty on both the Surbo and installation
What is Surbo?
The Twin Surbo, 2 Surbos in series for even more low rpm torque
Surbo versus other engine accessories and parts
When the Surbo is most useful
Dynamometer Test Results
How Surbo increases engine compression at low rpm and prevents excessive compression at high rpm
How Surbo increases engine efficiency
How Surbo prevents harmful engine knocking
How Surbo may help your engine so it can last longer
FAQ: Frequently asked questions
How Surbo works for diesel engines
How Surbo's increased air density enhances diesel technology, and raises peak RPM
Diagram: Surbo's effect on the whole vehicle
Diagram: Surbo on petrol turbocharged engines
Diagram: Surbo on diesel engines
Diagram: Surbo on turbo diesel engines
Some vehicles recommended for Surbo
Automatic cars fitted with Surbo
Manual cars fitted with Surbo
Surbo5 for larger engines
Petrol turbo cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol CVT cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol hybrid cars fitted with Surbo
Petrol supercharged cars fitted with Surbo
Natural gas car fitted with Surbo
Diesel and turbodiesel vehicles fitted with Surbo
Motorcycles fitted with Surbo
Photos of Surbos installed in various cars
Why choose Surbo?
Surbo will pass vehicle inspections due to lower emissions
30 day money back guarantee
What happens during the Surbo installation
List of Surbo dealers by country
Buy Surbo online with installation guide, if there's no dealer near you
Join us as dealer for your area
Surbo on racing gokart
Surbo on Honda Civic (runner up in Singapore race)
Surbo wins India race
History of the Surbo company
How the Surbo came to be
Aftersales service and advice, on accessories or compatible vehicles
User guide for Surbo
Automotive engineering and other applications of Surbo
User testimonials (with original source):
If you find this website helpful, please tell someone!