10% FUEL SAVING ON AVERAGE
SITE MAP (below)
Surbo used for example on Malaysian roads
Many drivers come to us for Surbo installation when they are about to embark on a long distance trip to Malaysia. They want their cars to deliver the maximum power and fuel economy, and also the acceleration and overtaking ability that the Surbo promises. If you are about to drive there too, why not let us boost your engine with just a small investment. Drive faster, and spend less time driving, so that there's more time for shopping and sightseeing. Read on to see how this little gadget can give your engine more muscle.
1. The Surbo gives more torque over a wide rpm band. The engine with Surbo on can accelerate briskly to red line or beyond, all on half throttle or less. That means easier pickup, and fuel savings because you will press less on average. With Surbo, although you will rev higher, accelerator pressure required is less, and as you are faster you will cruise sooner, so you will save fuel (fuel injected at any moment is proportional to accelerator travel, apart from rpm).
2. The Surbo delivers higher power (which is proportional to rpm multiplied by torque at that rpm). If your car starts slowing down by 4000 rpm, it's time to restore the power. The Surbo takes your engine back to red line (rpm limit) easily and puts back some 50% of existing acceleration power based on rpm, assuming a red line of 6000 rpm. Or, instead of travelling 40 metres, you travel 60 metres in the same time. Up the gears you will pull even further away from other cars as they start to slow by 3rd gear. This is because these drivers have to press the accelerator more for higher gears, and encounter over-fueling and knocking. The Surbo, with its own vortex suction power, helps the manifold vacuum to pull the air in, so extending power.
3. The Surbo is good for slopes. Just going up the incline, activate the Surbo
for extra air compression to charge up the hill. This makes the Surbo useful for long hills like those at Seremban Heights. The wide-band torque of the Surbo helps the driver maintain a low rpm in a higher gear for longer, or he can shift down to use the high rpm power of the Surbo. The Surbo's extra suction power is useful for mountains like the Genting Highlands, where air density and oxygen content drops with altitude. For every 100 metres climbed, engine power falls by 1 percent. Extra cold air is also great for reducing engine temperature for such a challenging climb.
Testimonial regarding Surbo's hill climbing assistance..
More details on how the Surbo improves hill climbing.
4. The Surbo assists the engine to overcome loads like passengers, luggage, or the airconditioner. The low rpm power of the Surbo helps, as that is where most weak vehicles are stuck in while trying to accelerate. Once the Surbo takes care of the load, it can just power away up the revs, allowing gearchanges upwards and gaining speed, till the load is less of a problem. Even for the aircon, it can get colder, according to this testimonial from a Peugeot 206 owner. The reason is that the engine with Surbo can rev higher, so turning the aircon compressor at a faster rate.
5. The Surbo gives you confidence to overtake quickly. Especially long vehicles which have blind spots, or a whole convoy of vehicles unable to get past them. In the back roads of Malaysia, driver judgement and a capable engine are crucial for getting ahead of the pack.
Just accelerate and hold the accelerator briefly to back pressure the Surbo for its vortex, and when the accelerator vibrates indicating increased air pressure, start accelerating with half throttle to high rpm, and repeat in the next gear if necessary. Don't forget that you can use the remaining half throttle in an emergency, by flooring the accelerator.
7. The Surbo gives you freedom to speed without using more fuel. Where legal, you can be cruising at
150kph with about half throttle, or achieve your vehicle's rated top speed with less than full throttle, or simply set a personal speed record by pressing a little bit more. Our customer feedback shows
that the speed for maximum economy gets stretched from the usual 90 kph to 110 or
120 kph, despite wind resistance increasing with speed. For example, a Surbo Civic ESi cannot better 12 km/l in Singapore but will do 17 km/l at 110 kph on the Malaysian North-South Highway. Its engine rpm at that speed was near to the Surbo's torque peak rpm, at around 3300 rpm. If your gearbox is a CVT, the fuel economy will be spectacular at speed, as we had a result of 25 km/l from a Surbo-equipped 2014 Honda City owner.
The increase in the top speed will be especially noticeable if your car has accumulated a lot of mileage (which causes the air flow to be less due to carbon or worn valve cams), and needed a lot of accelerator pressure to run fast. The lighter throttle also reduces fatigue. Your own body will feel the tickling of Surbo-induced acceleration, and your passengers too will get a gentle back massage througout the drive. Surbo is lots of fun. Get yours today!
Watch the video above showing how an engine revs with Surbo. Or watch it with the How it works page.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 130 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 211 kph.
Above: video of Volvo XC90 T8 with Surbo, sprinting to 224 kph.
More torque and BHP (dyno test)
Instant throttle response
10% fuel saving on average
Quick revving (1/2 throttle to RPM limit)
Easy auto gear kickdown
More power uphill
Higher top speed
More overtaking power
Vehicle inspection compliance
How Surbo feels (by car type)
What's Surbo ($99)?
Twin Surbo ($160)
Surbo5 ($120) for bigger cars
How Surbo works
With and without Surbo
How Surbo can be used
Higher air compression
Reduced turbo lag
Less diesel smoke
Improved engine vacuum
Less engine knock
Longer engine life
Surbo vs other accessories
First place (India)
Runner up (S'pore race)
Reducing CO2 emissions
During the installation
Transfer (fits most cars)
Other applications for Surbo
CHAT (+65 9857 2661)
If you are using a handphone to read this, you can press the above CHAT link to either call us, or to save our number to your contacts, and then you can message us by clicking the WhatsApp icon below.
Go back to the top!