How To Increase Hill Climbing Power
The Surbo, which brings the engine to the rpm limit with just 1/2 throttle, has much spare power that can be useful when going upslope. Imagine your car on an incline, where its rear is being pulled down by gravity. If your car was unassisted, you will have to press more on the accelerator than you would on a flat road, and end up using most of vacuum (which induces air flow into the engine) by opening the throttle wide, thus not being to accelerate much more. With a Surbo, you will not need to press as much, so preserving the vacuum for more revs, so that you can change up to the next gear more easily. The Surbo's air pressure holds the engine preventing it from losing too much rpm when the accelerator is released during a gearchange, for a quick shift. The resultant rpm in the next gear will be higher, so that there is more engine torque to continue revving up the slope.
Effect for automatics
A customer, driving a Proton Neo 1.6 automatic, said that while stationary on a slope and in D mode, the car would not roll backwards anymore, but would stay still or even move forward. This would be helpful up steep car park inclines, for example, when paying while exiting.
Perodua Kancil with more hill climbing power
Proton Saga: better hill climbing with Surbos
Renault Clio 1.4 16V: uphill in 5th gear...
Daihatsu Terios: Climbing Sheares Bridge is much easier
Proton Exora 1.6 Auto has no more problem with 1 km long slope
Toyota Wish climbs Genting Highlands easily
List of How To's for engines
- How to get higher engine compression
- How to improve engine efficiency
- How to improve engine vacuum
- How to improve hill climbing power
- How to reduce diesel smoke
- How to calculate tyre size
- How to get better acceleration
- How to get higher rpm
- How to get higher top speed
- How to improve air intake of engine
- How to improve throttle response
- How to improve engine power for automatic vehicles
- How to improve engine power for diesel vehicles
- How to extend engine life
- How to make automatic cars sporty
- How to reduce CO2 from vehicles
- How to reduce engine knocking
- How to reduce turbo lag
- How to reduce fuel consumption
How Surbo transforms your car:
If you find this website helpful, please share it with friends!